Plasma Gun Comparison
04-22-2020, 10:20 AM,
Plasma Gun Comparison
Hi,

we are planning to Plasma spray investing soon. We have many options but we were unstable betweenthe two options for gun. First one is F4 MB the other one is SG-100. We will do small and medium coating jobs. Generally we are planning to spray CrO and alloys and ZrO & alloys may be we will try to spray carbides , also we have 2 HVOF systems but i dont know anything about carbide spraying perfonmance with plasma. But generally we will spraying OxideCeramics with this system.

What do u think is there any qualty difference between these two guns? DE, Coating Densty, Coating adhesion strength? Does anyone have informations on this subject? I request ur help.

Thank you
04-24-2020, 05:07 PM,
RE: Plasma Gun Comparison
Hi,

I do not have any experience with the SG 100, but I used the F4 as a booth operator years ago, and I liked it. It ran well, for long hours before rebuilding. I sprayed CrO, TBC's, carbides, SiAl polyester, YSZBn Polyester, just about anything. I found this thread here on this forum, have you seen it?

http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/sef/Threa...plasma-gun

I had been waiting to see what Gordon, Luigi or Vadim might have to say, I respect their knowledge very much.
04-30-2020, 05:57 AM,
I too am also curious about actual experiences with the SG100 especially using with internal powder injection, what benefits it offers?
04-30-2020, 07:26 AM,
(04-30-2020, 05:57 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote: I too am also curious about actual experiences with the SG100 especially using with internal powder injection, what benefits it offers?

Internal powder injection makes the powder jet narrower and improves deposition efficiency. However, this effect is much greater with an axial powder injection in an Axial III burner.
06-11-2020, 08:44 AM,
Does anyone have knowledge on this subject???
06-11-2020, 02:30 PM,
Hello everyone, I work for Praxair Surface Technologies - we manufacture the SG-100 gun. If you'd like further info on this gun, please feel free to send me a direct message on here and we can exchange contact details.
06-12-2020, 03:30 AM,
(06-11-2020, 02:30 PM)ap-praxair Wrote: Hello everyone, I work for Praxair Surface Technologies - we manufacture the SG-100 gun. If you'd like further info on this gun, please feel free to send me a direct message on here and we can exchange contact details.

hi ap-praxair in the spirit of the open forum here from Gordon, can you answer some of the questions back through the forum,

Thank you in advance
07-01-2020, 04:22 PM,
(06-12-2020, 03:30 AM)Stephen Booth Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 02:30 PM)ap-praxair Wrote: Hello everyone, I work for Praxair Surface Technologies - we manufacture the SG-100 gun. If you'd like further info on this gun, please feel free to send me a direct message on here and we can exchange contact details.

hi ap-praxair in the spirit of the open forum here from Gordon, can you answer some of the questions back through the forum,

Thank you in advance

Hi Stephen, apologies for the delayed reply - I don't get notifications via email for the forum. Happy to have a run through and check if there's anything open I can help with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question High power plasma comparison plzc126330 0 3,259 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: plzc126330
  RUNNING COST COMPARISON BETWWEN D GUN AND HVOF SYSTEMS Vijay Deshpande 1 7,368 12-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gordon