Nano Coatings
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM by ARIKAN.)
Nano Coatings
Hi,

I'm looking for information about Nano Coatings applied with PVD, CVD for my homework. I found some application areas of them, but not about their production methods; I only heard about TiO2 PVD coatings.. Would you like to help me, please?

Regards, Nurettin
Nurettin ARIKAN
11-19-2007, 07:53 AM,
RE: Nano Coatings
Hi,
You can get details regarding basic principles, processes, applications etc of both CVD and PVD in my following book:-
Advanced Thermally Assisted Surface Engineering Processes, published by Kluwer Academic Publishers, MI (now taken over by Springer,NY) in 2004.
ram chattopadhyay
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM,
Thanks, Sir, but I may not be able to get your book nowadays. I'll search that in our university library, and could you suggest me an online source, please?

Regards,
Nurettin ARIKAN
11-20-2007, 06:58 AM,
ARIKAN Wrote:Thanks, Sir, but I may not be able to get your book nowadays. I'll search that in our university library, and could you suggest me an online source, please?

Regards,

Which university/country you belong, probably I would be able to tell help you.
The book and also as e-book is available on-line through amazon.com and others.
If you have any specific question, I can probably give you an answer.
ram chattopadhyay
11-20-2007, 10:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2007, 10:35 AM by ARIKAN.)
Thanks, Sir, I'm in Sakarya University, Turkey. I'll search for your book in our library as I said. My questions are;

1. I wonder if it is possible that ferroelectric thin film deposition for electronic sensors would be made with PVD; in the Middle East Technical University, it is being worked on using sol - gel.
2. Can we produce TiO2 antibacterial coating in nano scale using PVD or CVD?

I need some examples and information; not advanced data. It's for an homework ever.

Regards,
Nurettin ARIKAN
12-16-2007, 07:36 AM,
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
Yes ,you can deposit thin coating of ferro-electric materials by PVD processes and probably the best option to Sol-Gel.However you need to select the right process according to your application from a large number of commercially available practices using plasma,electron beam,sputtering, ion beam etc.You can find all these practices in details in my 2nd book.
Sol-gel process, a simpler process compared to PVDS, is still now used extensively for nano-deposition process for enectronic sensor units including optical memory disc (p165, of first book)
Amorphous materials have excellent ferromagnetic properties.The absence of directional properties in amorpous structure results in very high permeabilities and low energy losses.Laser assisted deposition of amorphous materials is another possibilities you can explore.
(p170-174,2nd book)..Also can try cheaper 'spark deposition .process' for depositin thin film(p239-242 secod book))
ram chattopadhyay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightning How to spray nano-hydroxyapatite (HAp) powder Lalit 6 6,185 12-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Met.Eng.
Rolleyes Need Help in nano-WC-Co-Cr HVOF Coating Lalit 2 4,386 09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Lalit
  nano coating on glass teknomas 2 5,780 06-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Last Post: flame