Mobile Plasma or HVOF spray contractor
11-22-2007, 05:57 PM,
Mobile Plasma or HVOF spray contractor
As a newbie, I'm looking for a service I have no idea if it exists or not.
Are there contractors out there that can offer APPS or HVOF coating services on a mobile basis, so that they could be called out to coat a piece of plant that cannot be moved or taken out of service for more than a few hours?
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM,
RE: Mobile Plasma or HVOF spray contractor
Hi Jayeatman

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

There are a few companies that provide a mobile service, usually for big jobs like large paper industry rolls and chemical plant. Setting up this type of work can be quite complex.

Could you give more details on the part/plant that requires coating and your rough location.
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM,
Gordon Wrote:Hi Jayeatman

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

There are a few companies that provide a mobile service, usually for big jobs like large paper industry rolls and chemical plant. Setting up this type of work can be quite complex.

Could you give more details on the part/plant that requires coating and your rough location.

Its an enquiry on behalf of a customer in Michigan & I don't know much more about it. It's the inside of some kind of crucible maybe 300mm in diameter.
BTW I'm in High Wycombe.
11-28-2007, 03:53 PM,
Flame Spray Technologies' sub in Grand Rapids Michigan has a mobile HVOF system. Progressive Technologies is in Grand Rapids as well, but I do not think they have a mobile system.

www.fst.nl
www.ptihome.com/
12-21-2007, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2007, 03:34 AM by Alexangel1226.)
To all,

Keen on this topic so just to share a little, in our local context, there seems no such facilities available..I have heard, flame, arc, wire flame..spray system being portable to spray on site, for customers' part, but setting up a plasma or HVOF system on portbale basis, seems not so "portable" and convenient at all.

Not to say if the job requires an open air operation, the noise level & intense heat is just too much affecting the adjacent working environment..I would say not recommended..
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM,
Quote:but setting up a plasma or HVOF system on portbale basis, seems not so "portable" and convenient at all.
Happy0193 yes your right, but some jobs just can't be moved and demand that the thermal spray plant be installed around the component to be coated. This requires considerable planning for logistics, set-up, health & safety & environment issues, timing work to plant shut down etc... The term "mobile" or "portable" should really apply to the service as the equipment basically is no different to what is used in a fixed thermal spray shop. This type of service will be relatively expensive and risky, so making the component portable or mobile is far better in the majority of cases.
10-26-2008, 12:01 AM,
I am very interested in working towards this type of work for our little company. I would initially plan to service foundries, auto restoration shops, architectural fabrication shops and artists of all types.

Bill.
10-27-2008, 05:04 AM,
Hi Jay,

As mentioned by Gordon, going mobile is possible, and in many cases the only way to do the job. There is definately a nitche market for this kind of service. However, in my experience, this is best suited to the very large jobs. Like Boiler Coating, and Yankee and MG cylinders.

Another way to break down the question is to determine On-site vs In-Situ. On site work means you go to the customers plant, and repair the component, but the component has been removed from the machine. This is a repair situation you can get better control of the parameters in all aspects.

In-Situ work, job is actually still in the machine. Many customers ask about this, but when they hear the estimated set up, mobilization, engineering fees, they might faint before they go ahead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is for sale used Termika-3 Mobile HVOF equipment Yod 9 7,777 06-04-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Nikola
  Contractor Invoicing Services Manx Ironman 3 8,254 01-23-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: ErikaSmith
  Mobile HVOF equipment Nesher 12 9,595 02-25-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: romires777
Star HVOF Spray Machine, Plasma spray Machine, cold spray machine for sale Vivian Ruan 5 4,611 04-20-2021, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Vivian Ruan
  RE: Mobile HVOF equipment Nesher 0 2,240 02-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Nesher
  Used plasma spray system jojokuku 1 4,622 03-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Last Post: specialized
  7M vs 9M plasma spray systems Oeno 1 4,240 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: amberpeloe
  need for contractor mikle955 0 2,519 03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Last Post: mikle955