Metco F4MB Inquiry
07-19-2022, 09:40 PM,
Metco F4MB Inquiry
Hi,

I have a Plasma system as follows:

- 9MC unit
- 9MP feeder
- F4MB gun

I have been looking through manuals and Metco bulletins for primary (Ar) and secondary (H) pressures. However, none of them have provided such parameters.
But rather they provide flows for both.

I have found one example which states 5 Bar for primary and secondary gases. but surely this isn't the case for all powders used with the F4MB?

I plan to spray ceramic (TiO,CrO), abradable (XPT 268) and some alloys (NiAl,NiCr) with this set-up. 
Therefor, I was wondering what pressures would be recommended for such applications? 

Thanks,
Owen
07-20-2022, 10:59 AM,
RE: Metco F4MB Inquiry
Hi Owen
As you know the latest APS systems are digital and the gases are settled by mass-flow controller which set the real flow and pressure, and the pressure is only settled on the main gas regulator on the gas cylinder, the 9MC controller is analogic, so you must open at all the Argon and H2 flow valve on the 9MC controller, and open and register the pressure on the cylinder main regulator, looking on the 9MC controller pressure gauging, till you reach the value indicated in the spray parameters table 75 Psi Argon (5,2 bar) and 50 Psi (3,4 bar) H2, as the flow meter change flow value with the pressure value change, you must adjust the pressure value when you fix the flow value as indicated on the spray parameters table.
Best regards
Luigi
07-21-2022, 04:54 AM,
RE: Metco F4MB Inquiry
(07-20-2022, 10:59 AM)loriolo Wrote: Hi Owen
As you know the latest APS systems are digital and the gases are settled by mass-flow controller which set the real flow and pressure, and the pressure is only settled on the main gas regulator on the gas cylinder, the 9MC controller is analogic, so you must open at all the Argon and H2 flow valve on the 9MC controller, and open and register the pressure on the cylinder main regulator, looking on the 9MC controller pressure gauging, till you reach the value indicated in the spray parameters table 75 Psi Argon (5,2 bar) and 50 Psi (3,4 bar) H2, as the flow meter change flow value with the pressure value change, you must adjust the pressure value when you fix the flow value as indicated on the spray parameters table.

Hi Loriolo,

Thank you for your reply. 

With my previous pressures of 75 Psi for primary and secondary, I was getting 75 Volts on the unit. With your suggestion of Ar 75 Psi, H 50 Psi, I was getting 70 Volts, which is what I was looking for.
However, Where did you get these parameters? Would you be willing to supply me with parameters of the materials that I intend to use with this system?

The reason I ask is my current technical bulletins do not supply parameters for the F4MB.
I have one for AMDRY 2000 which states for the F4MB; Primary 3 Bar, Secondary 3 Bar.
Which is again different to 75 Psi, 50Psi.

Thanks,
Owen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Green Pvd inquiry? bry1975 2 5,324 06-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Last Post: bry1975