Market information
07-17-2008, 10:39 AM,
Market information
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has any market data. E.g. what is the size of the surface engineering market in the UK as a whole? Also the breakdown of this figure so that I could figure out how much of that contributes to each specific coating process. The type of customers surface engineers generally tend to attract (whether they are aerospace or medical companies) would also be good.

Any other useful market data would be much appreciated. I am helping out a friend with some market research and I am finding it difficult to find any useful info.

Cheers everyone
07-20-2008, 08:00 AM,
RE: Market information
Hi,
Couple of years back,IO3M(UK), published exhaustive report, including market data on surface engineering in UK. You can contact IO3M.
For Indian market ,I have the market survey report on thermal spraying which was made for a leading US company.
ram chattopadhyay
07-21-2008, 12:33 AM,
Hi Bhavin Patel

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM,
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.
thanks drramc for the advice. Although, could you possibly explain what IO3M is, how I can contact them and what it will take to get a hold of this UK report.
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM,
Hi Bhavin Patel

I think Ram may have meant IOM3 (The Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining)
https://www.iom3.org
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM,
Bhavin Patel Wrote:Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.
thanks drramc for the advice. Although, could you possibly explain what IO3M is, how I can contact them and what it will take to get a hold of this UK report.

Hi,
IO3M stands for Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining in UK,which was earlier known as Institute of Metals.It is in South Kennsington ,London at
1,Carlton House Terrace,
London SW1Y5DB
Being a fellow of this socity for last 3 decades, I thought any working metallurgist in UK would be aware of this good old British professional society.
ram chattopadhyay
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM,
As you can tell I am not actually a metallurgist, I am actually an accountant helping out a friend with some research. But thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. I shall have a good read of this website.
08-30-2008, 08:30 AM,
(07-23-2008, 10:31 AM)Bhavin Patel Wrote: As you can tell I am not actually a metallurgist, I am actually an accountant helping out a friend with some research. But thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. I shall have a good read of this website.

Hi,
Just now i was going through my own write-up in Wikipedia on surface engineering.I have indicated around ten billion dollar business in surfsce engineering in 1995, taken from IMMM report.You can check in Wikipedia.
ram chattopadhyay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grinding questions and my personal information Rage2371 12 6,363 05-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: velocity
Lightning Metal Spray information incthermion 0 4,240 11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Last Post: incthermion