Hi, I'm new!
10-07-2016, 02:38 PM,
Hi, I'm new!
Hi everybody,

after reading interesting and helpful discussions several times in this forum, I decided to register Smile.
I am 25 years old and working at an engineering company in Germany.
We plan and build big chemical plants which are often in high corrosive atmosphere and operating temperatures often reach from -200 °C up to 1000 °C in one plant, which makes paint selection extremely challenging.

I am looking forward for interesting discussions with you guys!

Louis
10-08-2016, 06:31 AM,
RE: Hi, I'm new!
(10-07-2016, 02:38 PM)LouisRichter Wrote: Hi everybody,

after reading interesting and helpful discussions several times in this forum, I decided to register Smile.
I am 25 years old and working at an engineering company in Germany.
We plan and build big chemical plants which are often in high corrosive atmosphere and operating temperatures often reach from -200 °C up to 1000 °C in one plant, which makes paint selection extremely challenging.

I am looking forward for interesting discussions with you guys!

Louis

Welcome ! Cheers

Ion
10-08-2016, 05:01 PM,
Hi, Louis!

TSA looks like a natural choice to substitute paint outside,
a real challenge is to find good protection for internal surfaces!

Will be glad to share my experience!

BR
Vig
10-10-2016, 11:38 AM,
Hi,

thanks for welcoming me.

TSA is indeed one of our most interesting possibilities.
At least in theory it seems to be the "one-fits-all" solution, but apart from being expensive, there are also several other disadvantages that need to be considered:

- application is difficult, especially on site where space is always restricted and "work on height" and "hot work" is always an issue. A brush is just so much simpler.

- stricter requirements for surface preparation

- higher effort on inspection

- endless discussions during engineering with client, vendor, project management etc etc.