HVAF assisted Twin Arc
02-02-2010, 10:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2010, 10:11 PM by MichiganMan.)
HVAF assisted Twin Arc
I am exploring a project here in the US that will require the use of HVAF assisted arc technology. I am familiar with the basics of the technology, but have yet to work with the equipment (though I have experience with both HVAF and Twin Arc systems).

The project is field application and TONS of square footage.

The ideal system can support guns that are as far as possible from the fuel source yet still generate densely packed splats and generous spray pattern (thousands of square feet one inch at a time is not reasonable).

Is anyone aware of equipment available for purchase that is suited for this application? UniqueCoat seems to have a solution that might work, but many of the HVAF/Arc systems out there are young and don't have much track record to judge by. It seems that many of the companies that have developed this technology to a point where it works have labeled it proprietary and kept it off of the market.

Help!
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM by djewell.)
RE: HVAF assisted Twin Arc
As the manufacturer of HVAF-ARC equipment, I can tell you there are several users of the equipment on this forum. There are videos on Youtube of HVAF-ARC guns in operation. The technology has been around for more than 30 years now, so it is not in an "infant" stage of development.

The HVAF-ARC gun produces very dense coatings of soft, hard, and cored wires. It can also be run as a regular twin wire arc gun if desired. It is very versatile in its applications and robust in its construction.
02-06-2010, 02:25 PM,
Sigh... I know you. We talked on the phone yesterday and the day before. Thanks for the help. I hope my post here didn't offend you. I know the technology is viable, but there is little independent lab data available for as sprayed wires which makes it challenging to select a wire for a critical application without commiting to lab study of the proposed system, and without adequate time to conduct lab study there are no options but guessing.
02-23-2010, 04:00 PM,
Thermion
02-23-2010, 06:35 PM,
(02-23-2010, 04:00 PM)Intel55 Wrote: Thermion

Thermion has great twin wire arc systems with good throughput, but to my knowledge they aren't developing an HVAF-Arc system.
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM,
(02-06-2010, 02:25 PM)MichiganMan Wrote: but there is little independent lab data available for as sprayed wires which makes it challenging to select a wire for a critical application without commiting to lab study of the proposed system, and without adequate time to conduct lab study there are no options but guessing.

so I guess you want to do R&D parameters then? Do you have to have the propane tanks with this gun? Have to keep them warm?
02-27-2010, 02:42 AM,
(02-23-2010, 06:53 PM)Intel55 Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 02:25 PM)MichiganMan Wrote: but there is little independent lab data available for as sprayed wires which makes it challenging to select a wire for a critical application without commiting to lab study of the proposed system, and without adequate time to conduct lab study there are no options but guessing.

so I guess you want to do R&D parameters then? Do you have to have the propane tanks with this gun? Have to keep them warm?

Actually, I am not currently in R&D. This thread came about because one of the industries that I do a large portion of my business in has begun to focus on the technology, and I was asked to come up with a contingency plan for a client using a proprietaty HVAF/ARC system. The HVAF/ARC hybrid has some great merits and it is certainly the "future" for a substantial portion of the business I do, particularly in field applications. I cannot speak to specifics on the operating tendencies of propane tanks with any specific system, but here in Michigan if it is winter, then propane tanks outdoors generally have to be heated in order to maintain proper pressures and flows for any kind of welding procedure.
02-28-2010, 01:01 AM,
Hi maybe I lost something, but I know that before you speak about the system to use, you must describe the coating to do, and the thecnical specifications for this coating, and after we can discuss which system can be used.
Best regards
Luigi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twin Arc spray system ( request for your recommendation) demionkrishan 0 1,765 03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Last Post: demionkrishan
  Wire Flame spray and Twin Arc spraying wtaz 1 4,190 03-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: loriolo
  Select a twin arc spray system Florin 27 38,545 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Florin
  HVAF Madila Awalini 3 9,215 06-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Madila Awalini