Copyright a Digital Image
02-15-2013, 06:07 AM,
Copyright a Digital Image
Hello Everybody,

There are many misunderstandings and miscommunications concerning copyright in the United States. The simple fact is that the creator of the work is the owner of all copyright interests in the work. This is a matter of law under US Code Title 17. There is no requirement for registration of a copyright with the U.S. government, as there is with a trademark or patent. That said, there are a lot of websites that offer copyright registration for a fee including the U.S. Government's site. People frequently ask me if they should sign up with these sites and pay their fees. There is no simple answer to that question. According to the US code, registration meets the prima fascia case for establishing ownership; however, there are other ways to prove ownership should there be a legal contest. I am not a lawyer or an expert in copyright, but can offer some basic concepts for how to protect your content on the Internet. Read on to gain some insight and do some research on your own to get the answer to the registration question. Copyright law is complex and confusing--this article covers the basics only--but for most of us it may at least provide some clarity.

Thank You
Vicky Milza

Digital Rights

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convert Digital Editions VickyMilza 0 3,238 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Last Post: VickyMilza
  How do I sort out my digital rights management? VickyMilza 0 2,282 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: VickyMilza
  Copyright Protection? VickyMilza 2 3,844 11-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Last Post: TonyMccallum