Case Hardening Paste for Crankshafts
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2007, 06:24 PM by Gordon.)
Case Hardening Paste for Crankshafts
Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone here can help me (and yes I have been to the doctor, but thats not the problem I need help with Smile

I work for a company over here in Austria which sells all sorts of materials for industrial applications. One of our products is a surface hardening powder for steel. I have a customer who renovates and rebuilds diesel engines and he buys this powder from us. The problem is in the fact that it is a powder. He has to stand the crankshafts upright before he can heat them up (to 850?) and has no way of making sure that the powder has not run off. He tells me that he saw a hardening paste which you can spread on like butter but that was yonks ago and he doesnt remember where he saw it. Do any of you have an idea who makes such a paste or where I could get it from?

Hope to hear from you soon,
best regards
Alan
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM,
RE: Crankshafts!
almsco Wrote:Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone here can help me (and yes I have been to the doctor, but thats not the problem I need help with Smile

I work for a company over here in Austria which sells all sorts of materials for industrial applications. One of our products is a surface hardening powder for steel. I have a customer who renovates and rebuilds diesel engines and he buys this powder from us. The problem is in the fact that it is a powder. He has to stand the crankshafts upright before he can heat them up (to 850?) and has no way of making sure that the powder has not run off. He tells me that he saw a hardening paste which you can spread on like butter but that was yonks ago and he doesnt remember where he saw it. Do any of you have an idea who makes such a paste or where I could get it from?

Hope to hear from you soon,
best regards
Alan

Yes indeed, I have used this masking compond some years back , I will be able to tell you about this product in few days time
Vijay Deshpande
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM,
RE: Case Hardening Paste
Hi Alan

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Seem to remember many years ago using a product called Kasinit, but think that was a powder. I don't know if they do a paste version. If I come across anything, I will report back.

PS Hope you don't mind me changing the thread title to Case Hardening Paste. It may help with attracting a better response.
02-24-2007, 08:43 PM,
RE: Case Hardening Paste
Hi Gordon,
thanks for the info. I have heard of Kasinit, I think its the same thing as the powder we have:
(sorry link dead)
My company is the Austrian distributor for Armack.

I found a yank company which has some sort of paste and wrote to them on Friday. Will probably get an answer on Monday, will let you know how I get on.

No problem with the title, wasnt sure what to write myself anyway.

regards
Alan

Gordon Wrote:Hi Alan

Sign0016 to the Surface Engineering Forum.

Seem to remember many years ago using a product called Kasinit, but think that was a powder. I don't know if they do a paste version. If I come across anything, I will report back.

PS Hope you don't mind me changing the thread title to Case Hardening Paste. It may help with attracting a better response.
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM,
RE: Case Hardening Paste for Crankshafts
Dear Allen, U can contact
Mr.S.P.Shenoy
Steel plant specialities
211,Raikar Chembers, Govandi Mumbai
Maharastra India
Ph no 91 22 67978060
Fax No : 91 22 25552459
E-mail : espon@vsnl.net

Hope u get the best product which u r looking for
Vijay Deshpande

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surface hardening [steel + steel alloys] haggis 1 3,682 07-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: plasmajet1990
  What is the Correct Test Method for Case Hardened Steel dunlaw 7 56,812 10-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gordon
  coatings WC-Co - applications in my case? pashamt8 5 6,513 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: saintGeorge
  Flame hardening VS induction hardening VS laser transformation hardening melrose 3 25,286 06-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Last Post: guru2707
  increase efficiency of LTH (Laser Transformation Hardening) melrose 1 6,766 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
  Test for nitrided case sandero 5 18,804 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM