Problem solved Airjet blowing
09-26-2019, 03:19 AM,
Airjet blowing
Hi Friends

Please advise

Does the flow rate of air cooling that attached with DJ 2700 gun will effect on the coating result?

Thanks

Gito
09-26-2019, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 09:38 AM by Vadim Verlotski.)
RE: Airjet blowing
(09-26-2019, 03:19 AM)gito Wrote: Hi Friends

Please advise

Does the flow rate of air cooling that attached with DJ 2700 gun will effect on the coating result?

Thanks

Gito

Hi Gito,

Of course, there is an influence. In the air-cooled version of DJ 2700, the air pressure and the associated amount of cooling air is vital. The more compressed air you use, the better the nozzle will be cooled and you can use greater flame power. With a low air consumption you have to reduce the power of the flame, otherwise is the nozzle overheated. Higher power (higher pressure) of the flame means increased particle velocity.

Regards
Vadim
09-26-2019, 11:26 AM,
(09-26-2019, 09:34 AM)Vadim Verlotski Wrote:

Please advise

Thanks

Gito

Hi Gito,

Of course, there is an influence. In the air-cooled version of DJ 2700, the air pressure and the associated amount of cooling air is vital. The more compressed air you use, the better the nozzle will be cooled and you can use greater flame power. With a low air consumption you have to reduce the power of the flame, otherwise is the nozzle overheated. Higher power (higher pressure) of the flame means increased particle velocity.

Regards
Vadim

Hi Vadim

thank you for the explanation , but i mean, when hvof coating process i use airjet blowing for control temperature during the hvof coating process , so the airjet blowing followed the DJ Gun movement ,
so will effect on the coating result?

Thanks

gito

09-26-2019, 01:29 PM,
(09-26-2019, 11:26 AM)gito Wrote:

Please advise

Thanks

Gito

Hi Gito,

Regards
Vadim

Hi Vadim

thank you for the explanation , but i mean, when hvof coating process i use airjet blowing for control temperature during the hvof coating process , so the airjet blowing followed the DJ Gun movement ,

Thanks

gito

Component cooling by means of a nozzle with compressed air following the burner influences the coating result mostly positively. Personally, I always use it. There are two good aspects:

1. Compressed air blows away the dust particles from the surface and even removes weakly adhering particles from the layer. You can see that as an overspay combat and this improves the coating quality.
2. Follow-up cooling lowers the component temperature and thus the stresses in the layer after coating.
09-26-2019, 02:35 PM,
(09-26-2019, 01:29 PM)Vadim Verlotski Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:26 AM)gito Wrote:

Please advise

Thanks

Gito

Hi Gito,

Regards
Vadim

Hi Vadim

Thanks

gito

Component cooling by means of a nozzle with compressed air following the burner influences the coating result mostly positively. Personally, I always use it. There are two good aspects:

1. Compressed air blows away the dust particles from the surface and even removes weakly adhering particles from the layer. You can see that as an overspay combat and this improves the coating quality.
2. Follow-up cooling lowers the component temperature and thus the stresses in the layer after coating.

Vadim my friend , thank you so much

sorry I ask again,

- According to you, what is the ideal distance of the airjet nozzle with the workpiece,
- what air pressure is needed for the cooling process,
- to position the airjet nozzle in front of the dj gun or behind the dj gun

thanks
gito

09-26-2019, 03:09 PM,
The closer the nozzle is to the component, the more efficient it works. It is optimal 20-40 mm. The pressure is due to the cross-section of the nozzle, compressor capacity and hose diameter, but must not fall below 5 bar.
Usually I use four nozzles around the burner, which helps against overspray the most.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

09-26-2019, 03:34 PM,
(09-26-2019, 03:09 PM)Vadim Verlotski Wrote: The closer the nozzle is to the component, the more efficient it works. It is optimal 20-40 mm. The pressure is due to the cross-section of the nozzle, compressor capacity and hose diameter, but must not fall below 5 bar.
Usually I use four nozzles around the burner, which helps against overspray the most.

my friend vadim ,

thanks so much ,this is very helpful

gito